Support for Your Caregiving Employees
At Partners on the Path, we have decades of experience working in organizations, caring for our own loved ones and supporting other caregivers. We know that despite the joys, caregiving is stressful and can undermine the well-being of individuals and the effectiveness of organizations.
When valued employees become unproductive or unhealthy, distracted or depleted by caregiving, when they come to you in distress, what can you offer them? Let us help you help your caregiving employees.
For Working Family Caregivers— The Assisting Caregiving Employees (ACE) Program
Supporting working family caregivers helps employers. One out of five of your workers are caregivers. The chronic stress of these valued employees can adversely impact their health, as well as your organization’s productivity and bottom-line. If any of those you supervise are juggling work and caregiving responsibilities, the ACE Program is here to help!
Created in collaboration with a leading family caregiver non-profit, Caregiver Action Network, the ACE Program’s customized, co-branded web portal, will help you:
- Reduce productivity and health care benefits costs
- Guide supervisors in how to manage working family caregivers
- Promote employee wellness and productivity
- Communicate concern for the welfare of employees
- Recruit and retain talented employees
The ACE Program is easy for employers to implement. It’s a fully developed site that can be co-branded for your organization. For you caregiving employees, it provides 24/7 access to reliable resources for managing caregiving responsibilities and stress:
- Suggestions on how to handle caregiving challenges
- Practical, caregiving tools
- Links and information on where to turn for help
- Problem-solving webinars and videos
- Help with common feelings about caregiving
- A guide to healthy self-care practices
- Encouragement and support, so caregivers know they’re understood and not alone.
Learn more at workingfamilycaregivers.org and contact us directly:
For Professional Caregivers—Care for Caregivers Educational Programs
There are more than 14 million professionals in the U. S. who care for others as part of their job. Some are caregivers both at work, and at home. Providing care for those who are ill, dying and vulnerable is a universal need. It is not always easy to do. Although fulfilling, being a compassionate caregiver can drain energy and good health. Among professionals, work-related stress can develop into burnout or compassion fatigue which compromises the capacity to provide safe, quality care.
Care for Caregivers Educational Programs help your professional caregiving employees retain their productivity, well-being and capacity to care. Contact hours for professional re-licensure can be offered for programs that include:
- Burnout or Bonfire: An examination of compassion fatigue in professional practice.
This program explores the clinician’s risk for compassion fatigue. Using the widely respected Pro-QOL (Version5), participants assess and find ways to recognize symptoms in themselves and colleagues. Individual and organization-based prevention strategies are also examined.
- Preserving Your Capacity to Care: A self-care program for all professional caregivers.
Although gratifying, being a compassionate caregiver can take a toll, depleting staff resilience, decreasing their productivity and undermining their capacity to care. A professional version of The 7C’s of Self-Care helps participants design a healthy self-care protocol.
- Why and How to Care for Family Caregivers: An awareness-building program for professionals.
This program is designed for clinicians and others working in health care or social service organizations. Based on current family caregiver data, participants learn practical ways to recognize and respond to family caregivers’ needs in the clinical or residential setting. Resources that can be used in the workplace are provided.
Contact us to see how an investment in caregiver support will yield positive returns in the health and productivity of your employees and organization.